Monday, August 28, 2006

It's the most wonderful time of the year....

Nope, not Christmas, the first day of school is tomorrow. I love my kids, but I love them, even more when I get a break from them. Of course this being their last day at home they're pulling out all the stops, fighting about everything, being loud and obnoxious when I'm on the phone just generally driving me insane.
Tomorrow should be interesting, everyone here in Guam knows the new school dropoff policy. We can't parl on the road by the school, can just do a driveby drop off(sorry I don't think so) or walk which we will be doing, even on rainy days. I refuse to drop my kids at the curb and hope they find their way in the K-8th grade school all by themselves. I'm not too worried about Caitlynn, but Hannah and Elijah are only going into 1st, they're used to all meeting under the tent and waiting for their teacher to come walk them to class. This is all new for them, and they don't even know what their teachers look like since there isn't an open house. Not sure what the school is thinking this year, but I'm not very happy. Oh well, off to finish labeling school supplies and getting everything ready for tomorrow.

1 comment:

Nancywithajones said...

That is so wild that it is a different day there lol. I cant imagine living in a different country. I know what you mean about school though. Mine is only three and goes to 3k and some have fussed at me and said THAT IS ONLY DAYCARE well NO it isnt they have a SCHOOL curricullum called aBBeca we LOVE IT. SHe already is doing things at kindergarten level (yeah let em complain now) so it gives me a break every day till noon. Cannot complain about that!!