Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Tokyo




Tokyo was fantastic! It was definitely a much needed break for all of us. We flew out Sunday afternoon and traveled most of the evening, it was almost midnight by the time we got settled into the hotel. I have to say though, their mass transit system is outstanding. We had the choice to pay around $250 to take a cab to the hotel from the airport or take the train. I was a little worried that the train would be a huge complication, but everything went smoothly. I was so excited that I was back up again aroun 5:30am the next morning and just couldn't sleep any more. I made the mistake of having a cup of CAFFEINATED tea, not smart at all, my body didn't know what to do. I was literally bouncing off the walls while trying to stay quiet so no one else would wake up. By the time everyone was up and ready for breakfast at 8am I was starting to get tired. We spent the day doing a walking tour of Hama-rikyu Gardens and then took the water bus to Asakusa, which was filled with some gorgeous temples and shrines.
Here are just a few of the MANY photos I took.

No comments: